Apply in Person
- Fill out an application.
- Show a photo ID and proof of your current physical address. If you are under 18, a parent or legal guardian will need to be present to sign the application, show photo ID and proof of current address.
Individuals meeting the qualifications below may obtain a free library card.
- Resident – Individuals residing within New Plymouth city limits.
- Property Owner – Individuals and members of their household who own property within New Plymouth City limits, but reside outside city limits. A tax notice listing tax paid to City of New Plymouth must be presented.
- Nonresident City of New Plymouth Employees – Individuals who work for the city of New Plymouth, but reside outside city limits. Proof of employment with City of New Plymouth must be presented.
- Nonresident New Plymouth School District Staff – Individuals who work for the New Plymouth School District, but reside outside city limits. Proof of employment with the District must be presented.
Individuals who reside outside the city limits may obtain a card for themselves and household members upon the payment of an annual fee of $20.00.
All cards are renewed on an annual basis. Patrons will need to provide photo ID, current proof address, and other documentation as listed for their card type at the time of renewal.